DCL Executive Committee had a meeting, 21st – 23rd October in Stuttgart to discuss several issues in relation to European Deaf Football and work towards the next DCL events that will be in 2017. Seven members of the DCL Executive Committee stayed in a hostel for 3 days, discussing various matters, e.g. competitions, cooperation and structure with EDSO, clubs, rules, financial accounts, budget, media, etc.
The main feature of the meeting was to approve the proposals previously studied by the teams in the Annual General Meeting that was held last May in Aarhus (Denmark), which were to be included in the rules and regulations for football and futsal. This document will be distributed to the EDSO Federation members soon for information. Other issues that were discussed especially the DCL events;
· 4. DCL Futsal (20-25th February 2017) in Seville (Spain),
· 10. DCL Men and 1. DCL Women Football (2-6th May 2017) in Larissa (Greece),
· 1. DCL Men U-21 Futsal (28-30th September 2017) in Milano (Italy) and Workshop with national federations and clubs in Milano (Italy) (29-30th September 2017).
DCL also approved the events for 2018;
· 5. DCL Futsal in Alcala de Henares (Spain).
· 11. DCL Football in Milano (Italy)
· 1. DCL U-21 Football in Glasgow (Great Britain)
In Stuttgart, we were working with the other DCL committee members by webcam (Skype) to help with planning of the events in 2017.
During September, we sent emails to all EDSO Federation members asking to provide us with the names of the clubs that were 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th placed in their national league/cup championships for the football and futsal season of 2015-2016. We have also sent out emails of which clubs will be invited to DCL events and at the end of November we will be confirming the official teams that will be participating in the DCL Futsal (Seville, Spain), Feb 2017.
Juan Carlos explained why we had a meeting; "We had the meeting to discuss how things have gone over the last year and to also plan for the next year, 2017."